Trauma is one of those words that should’ve had four letters because it’s often so taboo or misunderstood that it’s avoided or just not mentioned, especially as something that happens to us. But with an estimated 70%+ of us being affected by it, it’s time to break the silence around this topic that’s impacting our lives, our relationships and our culture. Here’s my latest podcast interview with Dr. Lourdes Viado, a dear friend and colleague, about breaking the silence with my own story and the stories of so many who have been suffering in silence.
You’ll find out:
- How trauma survivors minimize experience and normalize their coping behaviors and experiences. (7:25)
- How childhood trauma ripples to affect adult relationships and behaviors. (12:03)
- How trauma reveals itself in the body rather than through language. (14:50)
- Why trauma survivors are generally calm in crises situations. (18:18)
- Why survivors get stuck in a cycle of trauma. (26:13)
- How men often suffer in silence as a result of childhood abuse. (39:36)
Your story and the stories of those you love deserve to be told because they will ultimately be one of the best gifts of your life…it sure has been in mine. Thanks for listening.